Old 03-05-2019, 08:50 AM
PurpleToolBox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
The truck driver mentality is exactly why most of the Atlas guys were thinking good riddance when you left our union. If you somehow do not see or believe that ATSG, Atlas/Southern, and Kalitta are not in direct competition with UPS and FedEx, then I think we should all be telling you to get a grip.

Whether you realize it or not, Amazon and DHL are using our airlines to go after UPS and FedEx similar to how Southwest went after domestic market share of American, Delta, and United throughout the 1980s and 1990s. If you still don't believe it, I have a sort facility being built in CVG bigger than FedEx in MEM and UPS in SDF combined to sell you.

The ABX and Atlas/Southern pilots do not find it acceptable to allow management to exploit our cheap labor in order to take away high-paying quality jobs at FedEx and UPS. We will continue to fight for industry standard, not just truck driver standard.

While I commend your sentiment regarding the jobs at FedEx and UPS, I have to question the rest of your post.

How in the world is Amazon's CVG sort facility going to rival FedEx's and UPS's -- COMBINED? From what I've read the facility's capability is going to be less than FedEx's. On peak nights FedEx has 150 airplanes flying through the sort and that doesn't include our feeder folks. Even the Indy Hub, which is currently 2.5 million square feet, is scheduled for a $1.5B expansion this year -- the same amount Amazon is spending in CVG. While I agree Amazon is rapidly expanding their logistics capability, I think your comment is greatly exaggerated. Please prove me wrong if I am mistaken.

Second, with reference to Southwest, how is Amazon and DHL "southwesting" FedEx and UPS?