View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 12:52 AM
MarkThyme
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by dogo View Post
This I also agree...however, when your chief pilot personally called the denied jumpseater to inform him that the captain operating the flight was not going to let him jumpseat...,,game changer! I’ve never denied anyone my jumpseat but if I did I would have had the stones to tell him. Why would your chief-clown do this?
Unless there has been another change I don't know about recently, ATI's chief pilot is ex-ABX, and jumpseaters are allowed at the captain's discretion, not the chief pilot's discretion.

It's a good bet that given the other recent incident, there has already been communication from the chief pilot about denying jumpseats to ABX pilots without cause. I would imagine that the captain in question had a conversation with his chief pilot when he saw an ABX pilot on the release to tell him he would be denying the jumpseat anyway. I would also bet that the chief pilot tried to talk him out of doing that, and when he was unsuccessful, as a courtesy to one of his former coworkers, he made the call himself to save the prospective jumpseater the hassle of going out to an airplane he wasn't going to be riding on, and probably to provide an apology as well for not having corrected the problem already.