Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 05:45 AM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
Whoever called me from Frontier who identified himself as “from the CP’s office”, and said I was suspicious as I didn’t have my logbooks with me while on commute from an overseas job. Thanks, but no thanks First Officer Toolbox. I’ll pass on the interview as I’m “suspicious”.
Went to a job fair enroute from Orlando. Told them no logbooks after a nice meet and greet. Explained I was just on my commute. No problem, understood. Called a few days later for an interview. Stated again, no logbook. Called me suspicious. I have an appointment in Artesia, NM for training and a security clearance. I’m obviously too suspicious for for an airbus with cute animals airbrushed on the tail and the FO who identifies as a CP. Nothing more to tell. I didn’t go to the interview. The original Frontier post jogged my toolbank memory. Were you the FO that called me and I called you Captain and you didn’t correct me? Call me back, I’ll call you a tool if you want.
Logbooks were overseas, as my base was. Didn’t and still don’t commute or travel with them. Stopped by a job fair enroute from MCO. The job fair was a pleasant surprise that I didn’t know was going on. Not lazy, I didn’t want to risk losing my logbooks. Situation fully disclosed prior to phone call. Thanks for the input. FO from CP office was a Tool. He probably has a koala painted on his Hyundai to match “his” A320.
I'll tell you what I find suspicious and potentially tool worthy... your apparent disdain for a mere, lowly, mortal FO calling you from a company you expressed interest in and asking some very reasonable questions about an applicant who doesn't "fit the norm". I guess I have to wonder how you would live with yourself if you somehow made it through the interview and landed a job there as an FO. The self-loathing every time you saw those three stripes could be crushing.