View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 02:04 PM
ptarmigan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: B777 Captain

Quite frankly, John, I think you are the one being dismissive here. You are ignoring that some of us also have many decades of experience both as a pilot, as well as investigating major accidents. Your experience is certainly valuable, but you are also not looking past your bias here.

I am not sure you understand what q-alpha does at all either. If you do it is not evident from your post. While I am only an acquaintance with the creator of it, Andy Skow, he has done something of real value. If you ever knew Pete Reynolds before he passed (google the name and "learjet") you should know that Pete strongly agreed with what I am writing here. For the record, I have no connection to the system or company aside from being aware of what it does.

Your view, and your response, clearly indicate hindsight bias, whether or not you want to admit it. It is right in your words. I would suggest you attend MIT's workshop coming up. It might be of interest to you. Partnership for Systems Approaches to Safety and Security (PSASS)

Best regards-