View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 11:20 AM
To Stay or Go
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Priority 3
Why only match FedEx? We're far more profitable a company; we should be negotiating pay that is 15 to 20% above the FedEx pay rate sheet.

I think our negotiators will send us a POS T/A that we'll have to stamp "no" to.
See that's the thing that makes me mad. Evidently a contract was almost done in Dec but the company backed off from the FO pay rates. Now the senior negotiating dudes are ready to sacrifice FO pay in order to get a beefed up A plan in order for the contract to be finalized. They expect us to strike for their retirement pensions but will sell our pay rates down the river to get it done. They''ll have you believe it's complicated and that you can't look at your potential current pay rates when judging the TA. They want you to see the capt pay scales. FedEx gets 117 the second year, why can't we?

Also, with the age 65 rule coming, it will mean an even longer time to upgrade. That's why FO pay rates need to be better than FedEx's not worse. We will spend so much longer in the right seat than our FedEx peers. It's almost forbidden to talk about the FOs being screwed so the old guys get a pension. You can read all the guys on the B&G blast FO concerns all the time. A great contract is worth waiting for and I encourage everyone to vote no on any TA that has FO pay beneath FedEx's widebody scale!