View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 04:30 AM
OnTheRun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

Originally Posted by Gbrown18 View Post
Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I wanted to pass along my experience with applying to Worldwide Jet Charter.
Quick background on me, I'm 40 years old have 121 and 135 experience, four type ratings and 7 years as an air traffic controller. I'm not saying that like its anything super impressive but obviously I am not new to aviation.
Anyway I apply to their ad on climbto350. Specifically because it says NO RELOCATION REQUIRED and lists Boston as an airport you can commute from.
So I get a call from their recruiter, Charlie Hunter. He starts by saying I don't meet their requirements (I more than meet them) and that I'll have to be based in Teterboro for 2 years. He said this is a great opportunity for a kid like me with little experience. I told him I'm not a kid and don't appreciate his tone, and there is no way on earth im moving to Teterboro (Id rather move to Syria) In short the guy is an complete $*#head who thinks this is 2006 and we should be all jumping at the chance to work for a place that blatantly lies from the get go.
Just wanted to pass along this warning. There are a lot of good places out there and with good people who value our experience and don't condescend to us. Worldwide Jets is evidently not one of them.
I had the exact same experience. I met all the qualifications to be a PIC on the G-IV and could be home based in Los Angeles but he calls me and and now I only meet the SIC requirements and need to move to Teterboro and take a $80K a year paycut.....Hahaha. I have 8300TT and 3500 PIC Jet time. Plenty of time in type as well. Bait and switch on their ads.