View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 07:04 AM
baldwin
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
Serious answer...

Health insurance and benefits....

I have lost count of the number of broken bones, plates, and repairs I've had for my cheerleader daughters over the years. Brought our youngest in under FedEx benefits. Had one with a weeklong major bout with meningitis that thankfully made a full recovery. This year...for the kids...it was an emergency appendectomy and a torn ACL.

For me...two major back operations, and recently an emergency gall bladder removal. Surgery had some complications, and went long. The preapproval amount was exceeded. At checkout, a couple of calls were made, and voila...copay zero...and a 41k hospital stay vaporized just like that with no impact to budget.

That's a lot of support for my family over the last 17 years. I'll admit...as I am healing up here I'm looking at the big picture. I'm grateful. This isn't always an easy job with the hours and circadian swaps, but I'll be smiling to myself when I get back to work and trying to do it with a sense of gratitude. This place has taken very good care of me and my family...

Maybe other companies would have too, but I KNOW I've been well cared for here. It is greatly appreciated...
Orange, Purple, or buy-up plan?
stateside or HKG?

Family currently on Purple HSA and I haven’t been thrilled with their handling of some pretty basic stuff, so it makes me wonder how much of a PITA it would be if one of us has a surgery or something else that’s actually serious. Considering moving over to the buy up plan during next open enrollment.
TIA