View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 07:23 AM
zippinbye
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: 320/A

Originally Posted by GogglesPisano View Post
So apparently we can't do eSV self-assessments on Macs. Even our company-issued ipad.

Delta IT for the win.
Having recently dealt with this issue for an IQ on the 7ER after a 3 year absence from Delta, I was caught off guard. I thought IT would have come a long way while I was out. Solution: bought the cheapest PC laptop at Costco (Dell). About $400 with a 90 day return window. The hardware was pretty nice ... awesome display and great sound for a portable computer, probably superior to $2000 computer from 2 years ago. But it was running Windows 10, which sucks by the way. Back in the Windows XP era, I was Windows competent, but this new philosophy of app or app-like interface is truly lame. If the M.S. folks think their fancy tiles and other pretty display elements are giving Mac a run for the money, they need to think again. Basic functions required a learning curve that did not benefit from my former PC competence or recent Mac utilization. But I digress!

The effort to buy a returnable PC was not worth it. The self assessment was ok, but I’d say knowing the LOD inside out is good enough to pass the real eSV.

Looking forward to the day we can use whatever computer to perform Delta tasks. FWIW, the 2019 #1 QCQ program ran just fine on my Mac & Chrome, despite “system requirements” stating otherwise. Maybe we are heading in the right direction.