Thread: LAX commute
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 06:04 PM
m3113n1a1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by Jiggawatt View Post
Can anyone offer basic details about commuting to LAX?
- How painful is it to cover all three airports? How do you transit from one to another?
- what is the crash pad situation?
- Any idea which airport the 320 will primarily operate from?
- Is 737 flying weighted toward one airport?

I’m very unfamiliar with LAX. I currently commute to NYC, but the crash pad and transit situation there seems simple and plentiful compared to the limited info I’ve heard about LAX.

I looked for an earlier thread with this info and couldn’t find it... feel free to point me somewhere else if this question is repetitive. Thanks!
I love your username.

On the 737, the flying right now is probably 95%+ out of LAX with a little bit of ONT and SNA. This changes month to month, but the vast majority of flying seems to always be out of LAX.

Transiting between airports is probably easiest done via Uber, but it'll be costly. Hotels around LAX usually cost 100-150, but vary night to night. I've seen times where there weren't any hotels near the airport available for less than 250. I haven't done a crashpad, but I believe they are around 350 a month.

Not a bad base to commute to really. It's not ideal, but I don't know of any commute that is. Crews are nice and the CPO here seems good.