Old 03-19-2019, 06:23 AM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by AeroAl View Post

In regards to my "uniqueness," how many other low time pilots do you know who could go up to almost any major airline and be qualified for a low six figure safety or regulatory compliance job? I doubt many.... It also happens, that with all that airline experience, I have an "in" to more than one 135 operator if I wanted it, since I happen to know multiple people in flight ops and safety management at various 135 operators.
Yep you're unique all right, and a shoe-in for any major. Don't wait. Apply now.

135 operations will trip over themselves for your airline experience. You've cracked the code.

You know so much about this, without any experience, it's a bit of a mystery why you're asking counsel, when you should be doling it out.

When you apply for that major job, be sure to stop the interview before it starts and remind the panel that you don't have to be there, that you could easily qualify for a better paying job with that airline. They'll hurt themselves hiring you, and probably at twice the salary of everyone else. Good luck with that.