Old 03-19-2019, 06:58 AM
AeroAl
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Yep you're unique all right, and a shoe-in for any major. Don't wait. Apply now.

135 operations will trip over themselves for your airline experience. You've cracked the code.

You know so much about this, without any experience, it's a bit of a mystery why you're asking counsel, when you should be doling it out.

When you apply for that major job, be sure to stop the interview before it starts and remind the panel that you don't have to be there, that you could easily qualify for a better paying job with that airline. They'll hurt themselves hiring you, and probably at twice the salary of everyone else. Good luck with that.
Oh, I’ll be sure to do everything you just suggested. I appreciate your constructive advice.

After all, it’s not like my experience and relationships over the years working with folks in Part 121 positions like Director of Ops, Chief Pilot, Director of Safety, Director of Training, or Director of Standards have provided me with any useful insight on what it takes to be a successful pilot. Let’s not even mention all the times I’ve jumpseated and the topic of getting my certificates came up. You know me so well already, I’m surprised you haven’t mapped out my entire career path for me.

Believe it or not though, there are ways to leverage my current experience into flying jobs. Ever seen the Manager or Director of Safety fly where you work? I have. Know what an IOSA Auditor or an IEP Auditor is or how difficult it is to find qualified candidates for either? In business aviation they typically have something similar, but they're typically auditing to ISBAO or Argus standards. There are many ways into flying jobs other than through the front door.