Old 03-19-2019, 10:23 AM
AeroAl
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by JayMahon View Post
Consider some character traits most employers find attractive:

Ability to take criticism.
Ability to self assess.
Ability to develop a plan for personal development.
Ability to know when another person has more experience and wisdom in a particular field and to trust their judgment over your own instincts.

You've shown a lack of all of these in this thread.

I dread the moment someone tells you "my aircraft" and you happen to disagree with them.
I can totally take constructive criticism, but just a bunch of crap stating here’s your trophy and your experience brings nothing to the table doesn’t appear in any way to be helpful. Literally the thread started off with me asking about opinions how I should build my time, and evolved into something about how I apparently think I’m “unique, special, and better” than everyone else because I have 8 or so years of airline operations and safety/compliance experience. Let me emphasize, that’s not the case.

Pilots I’ve known have always told me to have as many “checkmarks” as you can, because when you’re going up against everyone else and all else is equal, you will stand out in the application process.

All I’m saying is that there are multiple avenues out there for me to build time. I appreciate the meaningful answers some people have chimed in with, but not neccesarily the answers that only criticise and gripe when you don’t even have a full grasp on what I’m trying to say. I’m all for paying my dues before I get into more serious flying.

Last edited by AeroAl; 03-19-2019 at 10:38 AM.