View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 05:56 AM
JayMahon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by Hamzah View Post
I’ve posted three threads previously, which are:

1. BA to work in major airlines?
2. How much should I spend on flight school?
3. Help me find the right flight school.

You’ve said that this is the 4th thread I’ve posted about the same type of information and then started answering my question, so I don’t see the logic in that. Anyways.......

I haven’t taken the control of a plane.

I’m looking for something good, so let’s say I go to a flight school and pay 50k instead of 80k and don’t get hired, what’s the point? So I would rather know what my situation will be after completing a certain course. Meaning that money isn’t the most important factor, it’s what will I do afterwards.

College is part of the question, should I go to college first and then start flight school or go to flight school and get a job at a regional airline and then get an online degree?

I can answer your question “why do you have such aversion from the military path?” With I’m just not the type for military, part of it is that I would be involved in “ killing people” and I’m not the type for military if that makes sense.

I did ok in high school, I always took physics and math.

No medical/criminal/mental health history.

I have worked a normal job.

Being a pilot for me isn’t about the money it’s about doing what I love, meaning that money isn’t my motive behind wanting to become a pilot.

As of the time of how long would it take me, not less than two years. The fast track programs like the ATP one aren’t for me.
Your English makes me think you're a foreign national or that at least English is not your first language. This isn't an issue, but your work status will be. Are you a US citizen, can you legally work in the US without a sponsor at this point?

Most of your answers were evasive. Saying that money doesn't matter means you're either not approaching this from a mature adult perspective or that you honestly have no idea how to fund these plans and just hope it'll work itself out. It will if your family is wealthy, it won't otherwise.

Saying you want to do something you love after claiming you've never been at the controls of an aircraft is a major red flag. Go to a local flight school and ask for a 'discovery flight'. Do this now. Like, right now. Leave the computer, get up and go actually fly a plane. Then come back and we can continue this conversation.

Until you've actually flown, please stop posting questions about being a pilot.