View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 06:40 AM
Hamzah
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by JayMahon View Post
Your English makes me think you're a foreign national or that at least English is not your first language. This isn't an issue, but your work status will be. Are you a US citizen, can you legally work in the US without a sponsor at this point?

Most of your answers were evasive. Saying that money doesn't matter means you're either not approaching this from a mature adult perspective or that you honestly have no idea how to fund these plans and just hope it'll work itself out. It will if your family is wealthy, it won't otherwise.

Saying you want to do something you love after claiming you've never been at the controls of an aircraft is a major red flag. Go to a local flight school and ask for a 'discovery flight'. Do this now. Like, right now. Leave the computer, get up and go actually fly a plane. Then come back and we can continue this conversation.

Until you've actually flown, please stop posting questions about being a pilot.
English isn’t my mother language, I’m half American and half middle eastern. I didn’t grow up in America, I grew up in Jordan, but I may be moving to America in a couple of months.

Do medicine students go do a surgery to see if they like it or not and then decide if it’s for them or not, or they just feel like it’s the dream job for them.

I don’t have rich parents and you don’t have to in order to become a pilot, I know lots of pilots who took loans to pay for flight training. I’m just trying to figure out what’s the acceptable range.

It’s not up to you to tell me to stop asking questions, if you don’t like them, just don’t answer.