View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 07:26 AM
JayMahon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by Hamzah View Post
English isn’t my mother language, I’m half American and half middle eastern. I didn’t grow up in America, I grew up in Jordan, but I may be moving to America in a couple of months.

Do medicine students go do a surgery to see if they like it or not and then decide if it’s for them or not, or they just feel like it’s the dream job for them.

I don’t have rich parents and you don’t have to in order to become a pilot, I know lots of pilots who took loans to pay for flight training. I’m just trying to figure out what’s the acceptable range.

It’s not up to you to tell me to stop asking questions, if you don’t like them, just don’t answer.
Moving to America and having the legal right to work in America are two very different things. Does your 1/2 American count on paper to the point where you are a citizen or can legally work here? This has a major impact on your ability to become a pilot here.

"Do medicine students do a surgery?" Alright smartass, I'm pretty sure medicine students LEARN FIRST AID/CPR and take advanced health classes before deciding "Yeah, I'm going to drop 100k on a medical degree/nursing school". I didn't say "fly a 777", I said you should take a discovery flight.

You're 18. It's fine to have a dream, but at this stage in life you need to put your hands on whatever it is you think you're going to do with your life. Go take a discovery flight and try your hand at flying, maybe learn something about yourself. Every other piece of advice won't matter if you get vertigo and panic at the controls of an aircraft.

YOU are asking for advice, that's the advice. Don't like it? Stop asking for it. It's time to be a big boy.

If you think this level of directive advice is a problem, you're not going to like flight training. Or being a first officer. Or jobs in general.