View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 08:09 AM
FXLAX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default Personal Endorsement

Originally Posted by LJ Driver View Post
If we’re being honest, yeah, I absolutely want to work at FedEx and I’m curious what this means in the big picture short and long term - both for dudes with and without an endorsement.

I don’t think it’s quite as simple as saying, “sweet, I get 5x more endorsements so that’s a good thing!” It’s not actually necessarily a good thing, and there are second and third order effects to this.

I know you aren’t trying to insult fedex pilots but when you say that this will not bring in enough innovation and ideas (if that’s even a thing for pilots), then you aren’t saying much about the existing pilot group. Maybe you should have some faith in the pilot group you want to be a part of, that we are good enough to judge who would have enough innovation and ideas to work here.

I wished they had reduced the time even more! With your line of thought, that would be a good thing since it would dilute the value of an endorsement. So maybe you should see it as a good thing any which way you look at it. Because now it should be easier for people to get these endorsements since there will be a lot more of them.