View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 06:12 AM
Trip7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

NYC73N has arguably the best domestic trips in the system. I still miss it.

Positives are 90% of trips are 1-2 legs a day, excellent layovers in the Caribbean or West Coast for the most part, and EWR is very small percentage of trips if at all. Completely different story on other fleets like the 717(YIKES!). Plenty of crash pads in Kew Gardens and it's easy to get to LGA and JFK from there. Majority of reserve assignments will be out of JFK. Ending a trip with a rep eye sets you up nicely to catch an early flight for your commute home. Also some months the junior pilot is a line holder so that adds some schedule flexibility

Negatives are hardly any trips are commutable both sides so you'll have to pick which side to commute, some of the best Caribbean layovers like Aruba are for the most part, uncommutable on both sides, abundance of Red eyes, and if you're coming from a widebody, I've been told by 73 Capts I flew with you'll find the 737 incredibly crammed, loud, and less margin for error especially when landing a 900. I was coming from the MD88 so I found the 737 to be a technological marvel. Also if you land at JFK or LGA late night during the last arrival bank and choose uBer or Lyft the prices are usually surged into the $50+range to the Kew.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk