View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 02:19 AM
Blackhawk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
This might be food for thought for the OP, but I'm also posting for additional help from the forum.

I am also prior Mil: flew F-16s. I stopped flying in 2002 (not a typo) with 994 hours (about 750 TPIC); all but my T-41 time was turbine. After other jobs, I decided to come back to flying New Years of 2018. Friend of a friend got me an interview with Envoy and I got the CJO, but they didn't call back with a start date. So I interviewed with ExpressJet, got the job and a start date, and I was flying by August. My goal from the start of this experience was to get my ATP unrestricted, which I did last week after surpassing 1500TT and stopping by the FSDO to prove it. I'm actually glad I came to Expressjet when I did: I've flown a lot compared to what other reserves get elsewhere, and it's taught me the 121 world.

What I'm wondering now is: am I on the right track to moving on?

I've got my app in with all the legacies, FedEx, UPS, Kalitta, and Omni. Other than the usual volunteering and joining the special interest aviation orgs, is there anything that will get me an interview? Internal recommendation maybe?
You’re on the right track. Look through the apps at empty boxes. Is there anything you can do to get some “good” boxes checked?
If you haven’t already, look at getting your app reviewed.