View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 01:03 PM
LJ Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by LunkerHunter View Post
So are you a senior O-5 or a full bird?

If you believe that us getting more PEs under the new system is a bad thing, please apply somewhere else.

But thanks for telling us how bad our new process is, since you’re an expert on this sort of thing.
Weird flex, but ok... No idea how mil rank even enters this discussion as a relevant question.

Oh, and thank you for the warm welcome to apply elsewhere if I have questions about the system - that I brought up and asked on the Airline Pilot Central FedEx discussion forum... (no barriers to innovation/creativity here folks, move along - the irony is thick on this point). I hope the 'outsiders' you fly with are treated a bit better when they ask questions and try to understand the old-guard line of thinking.

If anyone thinks I was insulting FedEx pilots, that is literally as far from my intent as possible but maybe I miscommunicated, that's clearly on me if people feel that way. Diversity of thought (which often translates directly into innovation) comes from people with many backgrounds, that was my point.

My questions: Can you explain how more endorsements allowed by each pilot is better? What is your rationale? Does that really translate into more FedEx pilots getting their top men an interview? Do you think it reduces the value of each endorsement? If so, why are so many for it? The verbiage states that the more an applicant has, the higher he is racked. Reading between the lines, that probably means having one isn't valued the same as it was before. The old way gave you a golden BB, if the person was qualified they would very likely get an invite because a pilot can only use one every ten years, they were extremely valuable and pretty rare. Are they 1/5 as valuable now because there will be 5x more in the system?

Thanks in advance for your insight and experience. I'm trying to understand the process and your thoughts through an adult conversation, not toss grenades and insult anyone. Obviously a touchy subject.

Last edited by LJ Driver; 03-25-2019 at 01:19 PM.