View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 09:51 AM
Highflyer4011
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by FreddyMcBigmac View Post
Good luck paying off Tropic Ocean Airways with the $20,000/year you make a year flying seaplanes in Fort Lauderdale.

If you're asking these questions, do you really understand the lawsuit? Go take your 250 hours and go to Alaska. If Alaska doesn't fit your lifestyle, then go fly aerial surveying or cargo where you can actually learn something and then not be on the hook (or in court) when you decide the smartest thing to do is to make a living in the airlines.

The non-compete is for two years... not sure it will hold up in the court, but do you think you can afford a lawyer to find out the answer to that question?
Hi Freddy, I do understand the non compete with not flying for any other sea plane operator for 2 years. I am in a unique situation and have tons of flight time, I just wanted the experience of flying sea planes for a few months so I can be competent flying sea planes before I go to the airlines and a good place in south Florida to fly them for a few months or so. That’s why I wanted to see if I can just leave the company when I’m ready once I want to go to the airlines and if there was a contract cancellation fee or something like that. Any thoughts on this plan, info, or places I can get good sea plane experience would be greatly appreciated! Thanks