Old 03-28-2019, 07:51 AM
wjeon10
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: Student
Default Best College w/ Professional Flight Major?

I just wanted to know how hard it is to get into Purdue University's Professional Flight Program. Right now (as a HS sophomore), I have a 3.8 GPA and taking 3 AP classes (AP Physics 1, AP Comp Sci, AP Euro Hist.) as well as College PreCalc, and other core classes. Next year I will likely be taking 6 AP classes. I heard that the flight major only accepts early action, because there's a ton of people who apply every year and they don't have space (Xtra competitive)?

I want to get into Purdue because I really want to attend a college that is ranked very highly academically, and want a normal college experience (unlike ERAU or UND).

Regarding extracurriculars, I am on my school's tennis team, quiz bowl team, robotics team, and debate team, as well as the captain of my town's TARC rocketry team. (Will those help?) I am also the founder and president of my school's aviation club.

Also, is it better to get my PPL before I head off to college? And will the judges take that as a "plus" for doing that?