View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 03:54 PM   #4  
Noworkallplay
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobnu View Post
A brief search didn't turn up any info newer than 2015 or so, and I was wondering what to expect as a FedEx commuter, ideally from CID. I am intimately familiar with commuting in general, having done pax 121 commutes from a 25 minute drive, to a 3.5 hour drive, to a single leg high frequency flight to base, to a once a day odyssey halfway across the country, so I am looking more for how it is different on the cargo side. I keep hearing something about a commuting bank? Better to commute on FedEx and just get there a half day early than to try to airline? Any illumination would be appreciated! Thanks!

We have a 757 that you can jump on out of or into CID on weekdays . On the weekends if you need to get to MEM on us it may be tougher, since FedEx doesn't have a weekend flight to or from CID on Saturday afternoon or Sunday I think. However, in this case you can jumpseat on the pax airlines. As for the banks that is in regards to a trip that is built with a front end or back end deadhead. Those tickets that the company bought can be canceled and you can use that money to get a positive space seat to or from CID to start or end your trip. This can cut a day off the trip in multiple cases. That means you get to spend an extra day at home and get paid for that day at home.
Noworkallplay is offline   Reply With Quote