Thread: FedEx Hiring
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 04:23 AM
ThatFlyWelshGuy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Position: F/O

Originally Posted by 123456 View Post
Pretty sure it changed when they changed over to the new system and got rid of pilot credentials. This is from the FedEx careers web page.. It now says 'preferred', not required.

1500 hours total fixed-wing time as pilot-in-command (PIC) or second-in-command (SIC) in a multi-engine turbo-prop aircraft, jet aircraft or combination thereof with GTOW 12,500 or greater. A minimum of 1000 hours total fixed-wing PIC time in a multi-engine turbo prop aircraft, jet aircraft or combination thereof in aircraft with GTOW 12,500 or greater is preferred.

[/I]

Sorry ahead of time if this question has been answered elsewhere in the depths of this forum. A search did not come up with and answer..

I've been updating my application on the new website and not sure how I should go about logging TT/IRP/SIC. I've always understood that as part of a double crew you can log the whole total time of the flight, but only log SIC when occupying a front seat. (Hence the 8 hours at the controls still applying). My worry, is that the new website just has provisions for PIC and SIC. This therefore shows I have about 2/3rds the time in the 747 than I actually possess.

Any insight into how others have done this would be very much appreciated.