View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 01:15 PM
aviatorhi
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Window Seat

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
All this I don't understand. Paid ticket routinely in and out of DXB, BAH, SIN, PEN, KUL, TPE, HKG, CAN, PVG, NRT, KIX and once even KWI (no nightmare). All in civvies, crew ID never even left my bag unless I needed to explain to the ticket agent my follow on travel plans. Never a problem - not one. How are you treated "better" for the few minutes you're going through security or immigration that makes the hassle of a wearing a uniform worthwhile? All wearing a uniform does on a paid ticket internationally does is potentially confuse the locals and make it difficult to get into the first class lounge.

Incognito is the way to go, IMO. Board the plan, act like a normal passenger, get your drink on and don't plan on answering any calls for help after you've tossed back a few. That would be a huge mistake.
Nah, you're right I imagined all of it. I'm not going to bother trying to prove to you with anecdotal evidence of my personal experience of getting hassled in civvies and being left to do as I please in uniform. All I know is it works for me and most of everyone else who is commuting in and out of the places I go to. First/Biz Class ticket trumps the uniform though if you're on one of those.

Oh, and KWI these days guarantees you waiting in the 2 hour immigration line and buying a visa if you're not in uniform.