Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 05:01 PM
HighFlight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
You got hired from vets in blue. You applied in the specific window to get an invite to vets in blue. They happened to have other windows open after the VIB one, but by that time your app was already moving. Your vets in blue event got you an interview. Your interview got you hired.

It’s instances like these where the purging won’t matter. But for a normal dude reading these boards wanting to come to jetblue, the info that is put out is that you apply to each window, because every time a new window closes, the apps from previous windows are no longer pulled if they haven’t yet been pulled. Could I be wrong? Sure. But that info came from recruiters. I’ll trust what they say over some new dude on a random internet board.
Yes, I was hired thru VIB. But it wasn’t a VIB application window as far as I know? I know there were others who applied in the same window who did not attend the VIB session; some got hired, some did not. Some were military (10%ish of those who attended were hired), most were not.

As has been said, what ACTUALLY happens and what is SUPPOSED to happen may well be two different things. Kind of like when I have to call CS (before departure) and ask them if they are going to ask me to extend, or if they just want to wait until I am in the air to say no.