View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 03:04 PM
Flyboyxc91
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Captain CL-65
Default Logbook Roundings / Methods

Newb type of question however it is very interesting and I’ve been giving it some deeper thoughts since back logging my paper logbooks to LogTen Pro .....

What methodologies do you use to log your hours (when it’s not electronic) obviously... historically I will say I logged leg by leg and rounded up when the minutes are 3/6 and down 2/6 referring to the tenth of an hour... I’m just trying to make sure I don’t get myself into a pickle down the road. Ultimately I haven’t logged any of my 121 times yet and have all the times block to block for back logging in my electronic for it to sort out..

Ironically it was just that if you continued leg by leg with rounding it could add up to 2-3 hours more per month than non rounding.. that’s why I elected to not do it anymore for my PT 121, what are your thoughts?

Before anyone has any potential issue possibly (1,500 hr minimums etc)... I had almost 2,000 hours coming to the airline, and a significant time above any applicable category minimums.. this is just a relevance type of categorical process of thinking I’ve had for many others that may be doing this “nearest tenth” rounding that stems from flight schools, billing.. figuratively I believe it to be very acceptable however I guess the airlines internal times would not match indeed..?

Thanks for the insights, and I’m probably always over thinking it anyway, glad I am going electronic so it won’t apply anymore.