View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 10:40 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
All true. But lots of people will meet criteria for a depression SOMETIME in their life, During 2013–2016, 8.1% of American adults aged 20 and over had depression in a given 2-week period.
It would be unreasonable to suggest that such a significant number were actually diagnosed with depression; assertion that 8.1% experienced depression in a short term period would be a statistical guess. This is important in context as one does not report such a diagnosis, if it hasn't been made. One may feel bummed out, which is not the same as depression; a diagnosis of depression is another matter.

Regarding loss of consciousness; explained loss of consciousness is not hard to work around: unexplained loss of consciousness is another matter, and depending on circumstance, can trig a fecal storm of epic proportions and expense.

Cop not, sayeth the spirit of AME, to that which one need not cop. I don't know about you, but I can't remember what I had for breakfast, let alone if I lay down, rolled over, and possibly went to sleep 20 years ago. Can you? Undiagnosed, unrecorded, shrouded in the mists of time...do you want to open a can of worms that may not exist?