View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 09:48 AM
frmrbuffdrvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Hi everyone,

new member here, have been reading for a while for a while though.

Truly interested in flying for Ameriflight, seems like a great company with some fun flying!

Finally I have enough hours to qualify for a FO position at Ameriflight. Currently I am a CFI/ CFII at 550h TT, living in San Diego.

I do have some questions and I would appreciate if some of you could give me some answers: (of course the only position I would qualify for is the EMB 120 FO position)

-
  • How likely is it to get ONT right away currently?
  • Could I continue living in San Diego if I get ONT or is that too far away? (I know that you have to live within 1.5 hours of your base)
  • Realistically how many hours per month does a FO get out of ONT?
  • Do the hours as a FO on the EMB 120 count towards your ATP?
  • How long is a work day usually/ when does it start & end? (If I understand correctly its Monday through Friday, so I would be home every evening)
  • Is there a training contract for the captain positions on the BE99 once I have enough hours to upgrade?
Thank you for any insight you may have
The FO hours in the E120 do count toward your ATP as the aircraft certification makes it a required crew member position. If you switch to the ACP program, the right seat hours you acquire there would not count toward your ATP hours. So there is a trade off. If you are planning to stay and acquire PIC time or go through one of our Gateway programs, it wouldn't matter much. But if you are thinking of going 121 as soon as you hit 1500, then staying in the E120 might be your better plan.