View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 10:12 PM
AltoCumulus
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by French3Holer View Post
If you plan to jumpseat on one of the cargo flights to Southeast from SEA do you go to the cargo facility north of the main terminal? Any tips or tricks you can recommend?
Go to the cargo facility. [DELETED SECURITY]. The hard part with the freighter is figuring out it's schedule. Even as a company pilot it is not easy to figure out what the schedule is...heck, I have trouble figuring out what the departure time of the freighter will be when I am working the flight. The schedule for the freighter is very loose. You go when the freight is ready to go. Sometimes I get to the airplane and they are ready to go already, sometimes we are waiting around. If you are doing a milk run and a passenger plane is running late, they have priority so you are probably going to end up late also.

I'm not sure why you are trying to ride the freighter because it doesn't go anywhere the pax airplanes don't go. If it's "just for fun" then I would recommend jumpseating to SE on a normal pax flight and jumpseating back to SEA on the freighter when you go back. The Alaska stations are friendlier and generally have a better grasp of what is going on compared to SEA.

Last edited by rickair7777; 04-19-2019 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Security