View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Mercenario
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Hogcapt View Post
I left overseas flying 8 years ago and went to Atlas. Got in front of the huge hiring wave and currently a 747 CA. No regrets, but that being said it was very different 8 years ago versus what is available now. I think if you did come over you would be pretty miserable. Especially if put on anything other than the whale. My advice is to stick it out a little more in China and consider retiring early. Lord knows that if you come here you aren't making bank and you're going to be junior to 1700 guys on property. Just looking at the posts from us at Atlas shows you how bad this place has become and no contract in sight.
Thanks for your advise! I am 55 years old and that’s why I want to return to USA. Things in China are not too bad, but a lot of punishment for little things plus medical
Check are not easy at all. In China when you get old you worth nothing. Also I was looking that in the USA I can fly to 65 years old and in China only to 60 years old, I am trying to extend my career for another 5 years.