View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 08:49 AM
Fourpaw
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Airplane

Originally Posted by Samman View Post
I am a CDL driver and a pilot. I drove household making 150k a year, freedom of when I want to go home, took winters off and enjoyed sightseeing whenever I felt like it. I am also a pilot. I would love to fly for a living and somewhat do now with low level pipeline work making 45k a year. Huge difference in pay. I am getting back into trucking for many reasons but here is my thing, with flying I work and fly for a company and can never fly on my own. Could never afford to. With trucking, I can afford to buy, I own a Cessna 150, and can fly anywhere, anytime I want. With trucking I have the best of both worlds. The income to make a good living and the income to be a lifetime GA pilot. From my experience, Just my 2 cents.

That sounds best case scenario for the trucking industry unless you mean gross. I know it’s not too hard for some owner operators to gross 150k, but take home is another story. For 150k net in trucking I would think you would seriously have to punish yourself to make unless you are that one driver working for Metallica or something along those lines. I saw that Walmart guys can make 90k now but have to sell their souls to do it.