View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 06:17 AM
Mcdowel
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2019
Position: A320 Left seat

Well, if its a requirement, it is what it is... My story is quite simple and for what i have been reading here, grass is not way greener in USA. I worked for several years for American Eagle, and a continental express carrier, and after a while, decided to move back to Europe, where my family was.
Found a job, upgraded to the left seat on the A320, where i do round trips every day. My Commute is a 15 min drive to the airport on a 5 On/ 5Off basis, sleep home every day and see my kids in the morning or at night, oh... and i surf/kite every day with a decent salary, so...i think i will be staying in Rome FCO for a while...
Thanks to all for the info about this (IMO) "silly requirements" of the 4 year degree, but hey, it made me look for info and ask friends working in USA and you guys in the forum. There are many differences in between the industry from Europe and USA, and certainly, you guys are way ahead in pretty much everything, but have to say, we know quality of life better (until the dream is over). Thanks to all