Old 12-15-2007, 10:11 PM
hamfisted
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Default Unhappy with FDX ALPA/ALPA NAtional.....what to do?

I, for one, am increibly disappointed in both Fedex ALPA and ALPA National. As much as I've tried to be an ALPA team player; I honestly believe they have BOTH abandoned me. FDX ALPA because they are clearly out of touch with their respective membership(Age 65 "poll", FDA LOAs, VEBA) and ALPA National because they clearly don't care what "joe average Fedex pilot" is concerned with(staunchly supporting Age 65 law change).
The question I have is this...aside from hoping Albie, Vic and Tony C spearhead a revival in Fedex ALPA that truly believes in representing the MAJORITY of FDX pilots, what do we do to try to make sure we are represented by those we pay good money to represent us?
We can't quit(closed shop and we NEED a solid Union) and we can't wait for the old guard of DW and his cronies to finally understand that they have lost the trust and confidence of their membership.
Would a letter writing campaign make sense to anybody? I mean, does anybody think the dictators of Fedex ALPA would pay attention if they received a letter signed by a double digit percentage of their populous that basically said they no longer had our confidence that they truly represented their constituents? How do we do this so that it builds fraternity, communicates our concerns while still letting management know that somehow, in some way, my negotiating committee speaks for me???
I honestly don't know but status quo from FDX ALPA or ALPA National has proven NOT to represent my best interests.