View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 10:53 AM
FXLAX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default Minimum Requirements, Degree and bases.

Originally Posted by Freighthumper View Post
I don’t think I agree with this. I never even applied to a legacy carrier. I know plenty of major/legacy people that would have gone to fedex first had they got the call.

I was at a regional for over 12 years recently. I can probably count on my digits the total times I talked to a fellow pilot who didn’t put AA,DAL,UA,SWA before FDX or UPS. Of course, everyone says that they go with whoever calls them first. That’s a no brainer.

Originally Posted by Hank Burley View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Since when did a spot at FedEx become 2nd fiddle to any pax carrier?

I’m not sure what you mean by second fiddle. I feel Fedex is a better job than any passenger airline. What I’m saying is that most regional pilots don’t feel that way. My comment is not a knock on Fedex. If anything it’s a knock on the new generation of pilot.

Originally Posted by LunkerHunter View Post
Also to your point, it seems like we have a steady stream of ex-Legacy pax folks in our new hire classes. It doesn’t appear that any significant number of ppl are bailing from fdx to the legacies either...

It happens here as well, people leaving for another carrier. This phenomenon isn’t just at FedEx. There are always a few who change carriers. My point is that when the number of pilots dwindles, since most of them want to go to passenger airlines, FDX/ups will feel it first. There won’t be as many leaving the legacies to come to Fedex because they’ll already be here to begin with.

Last edited by FXLAX; 04-22-2019 at 11:05 AM.