Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 05:19 AM
Amphibian
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

Answers:

1) Quality of time off is perfect. My family is always excited to see me. Usually we get home mid-late afternoon on last day of rotation. Occasionally, I have gotten home after 10 PM, because of a travel glitch with pilot relieving me.

Other than a couple emails, generally hear nothing from company on days off between rotations.

2) Do you have a FAA ATP or ATP written complete? If yes to either and your quoted experience, I would estimate 50/50 chance of Excel or Sovereign/Citation X.

With Excel, you can expect a quick upgrade to Capt. (within a year) on Sovergn/ Citation X you could probably expect to sit as an FO for 1-2 years before upgrade.

3) For many of us, flyExclusive is a stepping stone. It is a great place to gain good experience and build turbine PIC. It is still a relatively young and growing company with lots of opportunity for advancement.

It would not be a bad place to spend a career if QOL is your goal.

PM me if you have other questions.

Originally Posted by Brosnd View Post
Hey guys,

Am new to APC and just had a few questions regarding flyExclusive.

I'm married to an American girl and we're making the move up to the States a little later on this year (just waiting on a Green Card) and I'm trying to find out about the different types of flying/companies available. Part 135 seems like it would suit me especially with the 8on/6off schedule, and being home based.

My questions are:

1) What is the quality of your time off? Are your families excited to have you home or are you grumpy from being jet lagged/long days?

2) I currently have 3500TT, around 1800 Multi engine/multi crew, and 800 TPIC. With these hours what are the chances of getting onto something large that does long haul flights?

3) And lastly, is flyExclusive considered a career airline, or do guys tend to use it purely as a stepping stone onto bigger things (Major Airlines)?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Amphibian; 04-24-2019 at 05:59 AM.