View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 10:31 AM
Shifty101
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by BAJ135 View Post
I could be wrong but I find that statement to be highly unlikely. Perhaps it’s easier now to move than it has been in the past but good luck getting to a highly sought after location. Easy to be accepted at a new location, not so easy being released by your current location since you already said everyplace is understaffed. No director will release you without a backfill. The crap locations have always gotten priority when it comes to staffing and I’m sure that hasn’t changed.

I’ve also heard a rumor that PCS moves are off the table and the best you can hope for is a VRP move. I bailed for a major airline about a year ago so maybe someone still sailing on the titanic can confirm that.
Well I can assure you, what you have heard is rumor and most of what you are claiming is not accurate, more speculation. This is just bad information that you claiming.

PCS moves from the SWR are currently off the table, but you can transfer within. There were several AIA lateral announcements in 2018, one announcement had 24 of the 35 air locations and that other had like 28. The new announcements, which was just out, had full paid moves for GS11-13 with no minimum time (3 years). They did this because no one was putting in to transfer to the El Paso's, Tucson, Alpine, San Angelo's etc. Long story short, every director is short on pilots. I know of 3 pilots in the last 1 month to resign from 1 branch to go to regionals or cargo, for the long-term goal of getting on with a legacy carrier.

Also PR is getting priority in their PCS. This means they can trump anyone in the SWR for locations. Did you also hear they opened up P3 branches in Corpus and JAX to try and luehr in pilots with heavy fixed wing time? Well they did.