View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 11:22 AM
BAJ135
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by Shifty101 View Post
Well I can assure you, what you have heard is rumor and most of what you are claiming is not accurate, more speculation. This is just bad information that you claiming.

PCS moves from the SWR are currently off the table, but you can transfer within. There were several AIA lateral announcements in 2018, one announcement had 24 of the 35 air locations and that other had like 28. The new announcements, which was just out, had full paid moves for GS11-13 with no minimum time (3 years). They did this because no one was putting in to transfer to the El Paso's, Tucson, Alpine, San Angelo's etc. Long story short, every director is short on pilots. I know of 3 pilots in the last 1 month to resign from 1 branch to go to regionals or cargo, for the long-term goal of getting on with a legacy carrier.

Also PR is getting priority in their PCS. This means they can trump anyone in the SWR for locations. Did you also hear they opened up P3 branches in Corpus and JAX to try and luehr in pilots with heavy fixed wing time? Well they did.
Please I assure you that everything I say is accurate. You sound just like a recruiter. Are you? I lived through this nonsense for 11 years as did many of the others who post on here to put out accurate information for new hires. Not some made up nonsense to sucker them in. Tell them the truth and let them make up their own minds.

Moves from the SWR are currently off the table? As it has been for a decade. Hired into some horrible location on the southwest border only to be told you can move yourself to some other horrible location on the southwest border but no where else. Meanwhile people who have never been to the southwest border can move two or three times because they aren’t limited/punished by such a nonsense rule.

As far as listing locations on an announcement...means absolutely nothing when you are hired into the southwest region and you are restricted from leaving. One of the many flaws in this agencies thinking that caused the mass exodus to the airlines.

Without having seen the announcement I’ll bet you that eliminating the 3 year minimum time before being eligible to transfer was limited to just the locations you mentioned. Which will do nothing to fill them because no one wants to live there. Realistically you are looking at twice that time frame to transfer. Something you don’t want new hires to know.

PR has PCS moves because the agency was sued and lost. You can quit the agency and they have to pay your move back to the states. They can’t leave you stranded in PR which had previously been done. Thank you to the person who took the time to set the agency straight by filing the lawsuit. Listing PCS moves in the announcement also means nothing for anyone but PR. They are very limited depending on funding and must be approved if they are even still available. Which I doubt because my sources are pretty reliable.

No clue what you are talking about with the P3s. They are legacy customs branches that have been around longer than AMO or OAM or whatever it is the agency calls itself now a days.

Now let’s get back to focusing on the important things. It’s about time for a new name change so we can get new creds, badges, and uniforms!