Thread: Empire airlines
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 04:44 AM
Frozen Ronin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Still Swinging props!
Default Chief Pilot

So that might explain the Chief Pilot opening that’s been advertised for what, almost the last year? Or is there some other reason?

I see on the website that Empire has not only branched into HI, but into airline operations support? I’ve seen consulting firms that will sell you a GOM/Training manual/Dispatch template, but found it odd that Empire would, too. Is this a market where there are new operators are trying to launch? I would hope that doesn’t mean the DO/CP/DOM isn’t double tapped to support that sideline, in addition to the 121/135 operations. At TWA, “back in the day”, we offered developing countries a turn key airline launch, complete with airplanes, staffed by all of our folks from mx/gnd/flt, while training the locals. That was fun. Good money, too. Most of you kids will have to google TWA. It was a thing when pilots flew NDB approaches like they were localizers. In non radar environments.

In the past, I’ve worked with a handful of prior Empire folks from flight to maintenance. All said the pay wasn’t the best, but the QOL really was. Sad to hear this has changed.

I am looking to return to a place with mountains and water, with an operator that knows how to appreciate and welcome an old chief pilot and dir of mx into their fold. Idaho and HI satisfy half of that objective! My search continues!

Stay safe out there!