View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 08:19 AM
cheap
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Follow up:

CIP continues to be awesome and the folks in AFPC that manage this have blown me away with their customer service. My airline has been great as well and I am confident they wouldn't object to my participation any more than they'd object to a Guard/Reserve member's normal participation. I'm on the line now and halfway through consolidation.

I requested early return to the AF [from the 1-star] and it was approved, so I'll be doing a little less than a full year. This is a big win for me since I don't need to do a full two years back on active duty to meet some other goals and the timing is going to work out great with the arrival of my new baby girl and my wife's return to the workplace. I've got one month of UPT commitment left so technically my commitment will end in FY2020, and if there's a one or two year AvB available I may try to double dip that with my CIP ADSC.

Between my VA disability, company paycheck and company retirement contributions, it hasn't been much of a pay cut.

I'm working on getting my next assignment now. From my brief interactions with the functional, he's very on board with CIP and has asked me to continue to spread the word. I looked into ROTC since their RSAP rules have changed but my timing isn't going to work out very well and there's still that OTS **** sandwich in the ROTC assignment mix. In lieu of that I'm trying to take an assignment that will let me keep my wife near her family, otherwise it'll be back to my MWS. Even with only ~2 years of retainability and a requal obligation the functional says it's still worth it; desperate for IP MWS bodies as always. I'll notify the company of mil leave as soon as I have orders in hand, which will likely be several months before I have to leave.