Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 08:38 AM
John Carr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by PDRit View Post
And what does that say about the pilots willing to work for the lowest bidder?
Nice straw man argument...

It wasn't that long ago (2005- early 2007) pilots were tripping all over themselves to take a job at the only legacy hiring that paid them $30/hr and had no health insurance for 6 months under a chitty contract.

I know.....I know......, you'll comeback with "but...but..., thats different! That's to work for a legacy and it's different!!!"

NO, IT'S NOT. Pilots will suck up short (and long term) suck to move on and progress with their careers and achieve the end game. Doesn't matter if it's the $8-9/hr CFI/jump plane/banner tow or whatever pilot moving on to a regional, or the regional pilot/separating mil pilot trying to move on to the legacy.

Originally Posted by PDRit View Post
A Jumpseat debate is separate from a scope debate. The shell game that is played for the Jumpseat by especially the Skywest folks is a huge land grab.
A few posts back I'm pretty sure you asked him Cafe long he's been in this industry. How long have YOU been in this industry?

As much as people like to bytch moan complain about JS priorities, that's a negotiated agreement between ALL PARTIES. Sorry to break it to you, but IT IS.

Some overgrown child pulling a regional pilot aside to lecture him about his priority over his own on a JS DOES NOTHING but show how completely ignorant he is. Sure, he's gonna feel better about himself, eventually get to work and rant to his coworker "boy, I really gave that RJ pilot a piece of my mind and told him how wrong it is. If enough of us do it, they'll change their policy blah blah blah......"

Sure, right, whatever...

Last edited by John Carr; 04-30-2019 at 08:49 AM.