View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 05:55 PM
hockey27
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
Even though you deleted the question, here is the answer:

The FAA expects that airmen will not resume airman duties until their treating health care professional determines that their post-operative vision has stabilized, there are no significant adverse effects or complications (such as halos, rings, haze, impaired night vision and glare), the appropriate vision standards are met, and reviewed by an Examiner or AMCD. When this determination is made, the airman should have the treating health care professional document this in the health care record, a copy of which should be forwarded to the AMCD before resumption of airman duties. If the health care professional's determination is favorable, the applicant may resume airman duties, after consultation and review by an Examiner, unless informed otherwise by the FAA.
An applicant treated with a refractive procedure may be issued a medical certificate by the Examiner if the applicant meets the visual acuity standards and the Report of Eye Evaluation (FAA Form 8500-7) indicates that healing is complete; visual acuity remains stable; and the applicant does not suffer sequela such as; glare intolerance, halos, rings, impaired night vision, or any other complications. There should be no other pathology of the affected eye(s).
If the procedure was done 2 years ago or longer, the FAA may accept the Examiner's eye evaluation and an airman statement regarding the absence of adverse sequela.
If the procedure was performed within the last 2 years, the airman must provide a report to the AMCD from the treating health care professional to document the date of procedure, any adverse effects or complications, and when the airman returned to flying duties. If the report is favorable and the airman meets the appropriate vision standards, the applicant may resume airman duties, unless informed otherwise by the FAA.
Thanks for the response and info. From your post and what I found i believe after lasik I get my eye doctor to fill out paperwork once I’m 20/20 and then I bring it to my ame and then my ame submits it to the amcd. As long as my vision is 20/20