View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 07:09 AM
Macchi30
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Knudiee View Post
Hello everyone! On Friday I’m going to “interview” with a flight school. They have a program that pays for your CFI rating if you agree to fly with them 800 hours. That seems like a good deal to me, especially because I can’t seem to motivate myself to study otherwise, and it would really help if they payed for my CFI.

Anyway, I put the word interview in quotation marks because before they “hire” me to attend school and then teach for them upon completion, they want to interview me. I asked what I should expect at the interview, and they said Cessna 172 related questions, airspace, and “airline” type questions. Other than that, I don’t really know what to expect. Especially for the airline questions. What could they possibly ask me in that regard? I’m not even close to that realm yet, so I don’t know what they want to hear.

Has anyone gone through this before? What did they ask you? Do you think I’ll have to nail it or I’m toast? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
Treat it like a checkride I suppose. Know your acronyms, how to find things in the FAR, know your commercial privileges, and definitely know about your aircraft.