View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 09:51 AM
SpoilerDeployer
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: 757-200 FO
Default Bose ProFlight on 767

I just tried the Bose ProFlight aviation headset on a FedEx 767. Superb! There were no issues with the tap control feature, and I found a good balance for hearing radios and the other guy. I left the noise cancelling on medium and selectively activated the tap control when needed.

After watching several detailed YouTube reviews, I was concerned about tap control activating on the ground and/or at V1, but had no such issues with the headset.

Audio quality was excellent. As an in-ear headset, it was great. The ear-tips do not go as deep into the ear-canal as the Clarity Aloft, which I regard as the best I've ever heard. Still, I would definitely recommend the Bose ProFlight as it is a beefier headset. I loved the sound of the Clarity Aloft, but I could not get comfortable with the position of the thin wires behind my head. It would pull at my hair, and I could never quite get it to stay put.

Even though the Bose has a large control unit, I was able to hang it on the foot/shoulder heater switches and clip the wires down where it didn't move on my head. I only wore it for 2 hours, so I have yet to experience it on longer flights as of yet.