View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 04:13 AM
UnusualAttitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by golfandfly View Post
You act like you don’t have a choice to go to the MD. You always have the choice of going to a different carrier. If it’s such a burden, it’s probably a good idea. Maybe you can demand that Delta place you in the 777.

Seriously? You pick up seniority by showing a day early and you complain? Dumbest.Grievence.Ever....

I’ve been hoping the union would start enforcing the contract, but we grieve this BS?
I agree there seems to big bigger battles that are worth looking in to but based on my interaction with CE they are very timid and so there must be something to this that we aren’t seeing.

That being said, this entire issue would be self solving by some contractual changes. One option would be putting the 777 in its own category. Most realize that the earning potential on the A300, 767, and MD11 are fairly similar with a slight advantage to the MD11 perhaps due to some international flying. The earning potential on the 777 is greater than the others. Being senior doesn’t matter if your seniority is so unportable. Or they could just quit putting new hires in the 777 which would end this seniority abrogation.

This grievance isn’t the way to fix these issues, in my opinion but obviously not ALPA’s, but it highlights that pilots are frustrated with this. I’m hoping they know more than I’m seeing.

-UA

Last edited by UnusualAttitude; 05-09-2019 at 04:30 AM.