View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 06:35 AM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by HoursHore View Post
Has any one used more vacation on a secondary? I’d like to slide First week of August into July and go from 5 days to 12. Is this a request or adjustment? Also since I’m sliding into a month I’m not awarded vacation into is it allowed? 25.e.4.b seems to be the reference.
I’ve always done vacation with reserve lines to maximize time off but this seems like a pretty good option.
Yes, some people have commented on how nice it was to adjust their Vacation draw. Personally, I think the success rate at reducing/increasing should be 100% but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Slides are NOT a request (note: can't slide into November or December). For you, the slide would have to be done during July's CIC period.

Then it's just a matter of how many days in the month for VTO\RSV vacations issues.

For a Regular Line, you can Expand to knock out the number of days in the whole Vacation block + 6. Or, in your case, knock out up to 90CHs worth of trips.
(note: Major holidays can't be knocked out by Expansion. Trips that touch Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve\Day, and NY's Eve\Day have to be physically touched by the Vacation Block)