View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 06:45 AM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by Overnitefr8 View Post
I know that's what the FCIF says, but that doesn't make since. I was recently rerouted and didn't make it back to domicile to start the next trip. It would be impossible to decline sub before 30 minutes prior to showtime because I was in the airplane.
If you are Physically in the airplane, then CRS should have the ability to place you into OTP via a phone call after you land in Domicile.

That has been historical practice. And if the Scheduler says NO, then ask to speak with a Supervisor, and then the DO if necessary. If you want OTP and have had No opportunity to choose it, then they should be able to make it happen while you are still on duty from your extended trip.

But, why not roll the dice to get paid for doing nothing and stay in SUB. You are better of keeping the 6 hours of SUB guarantee than going for the 30 minutes of Overage at 150%.

And if CRS offers you a crap trip, you can still say thanks but no thanks. I'm not doing that trip at straight time but I will do it if you Draft me.

The original Showtime comes into play when you learn that your current trips been extended a day due to Mx, Wx, whatever and you head back to the hotel. IOW-you have an Opportunity to Decline SUB prior to the showtime of that trip.