View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 09:15 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by RCpilot2018 View Post

SSR = specialty pay rate.
Shouldn't that be SPR then Ah....gov't acronyms!

Forget locality pay. There is no locality pay after this starts. It's base pay x 35%. Then take that total x 25% leap = what everyone will get. 10% UAS is that of base on top.
Guess ours will use be the 35%ish then because we obviously don't get the LEAP pay; though we do get an additional pay that most equate to the old military 'flight pay' - and then a number of premium pays (OT Night differential, training, etc...)

The pay scale I saw though wasn't straight 35%; it varied a little. I think mine was 42% for instance.

I think this was the table shared with us via email from some outside source. I don't know what all the different pay scales represent, the one listed above being 0764 - but what is the difference between all others except possibly the locality (you see 0764 has locations DFW and OK). The other concern for us is that DOT (or FAA) is not listed in the agencies/subelement list. Does this mean that we are eligible for these SSRs? I did hear that we were funded differently than most (meaning these are Title 5 funded and we are a different 'Title'?)

We all know that nothing about OPM is easy so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I can tell you that some locals in my FIFO have already entertained the idea of trying to switch over to JPATS for the new pay table and A LOT less work and responsibility.