View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 11:56 AM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default So is Atlas going to survive?

I ask that because the place seems to be a dumpster fire - at least if your only source of info is APC. Management is apparently suing the pilots, the pilots are alleging that the (too) few new hires they are getting are often too inexperienced to hack the type-ratings and those few that do are often taking their new type rating and immediately pulling the handles for anywhere else, while the ones who wash out in the attempt are now left with no job and a permanent stain on their record.

And seriously, $80 an hour to be an FO on a 747? With a 62 hour guarantee? That’s like what? Maybe $60K your first year? I mean, Republic pays their first year FOs better than that (counting the bonus). And yeah, I know, back in the day some of us walked to school (at least to the bus stop) uphill both ways, but that was then and this is now. You gotta live in the real world.

You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see why they might be having trouble competing here.

So is it REALLY that bad? And if it is, is survival of Atlas even possible? Because you can only get so far behind the power curve before a crash sort of becomes inevitable.

https://youtu.be/Q2qqKwndFW0