View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 05:51 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by MarkThyme View Post
I'm hoping you see the dissonance between those two statements.
Thank you for your concern, Mark. Had I been unaware of that dissonance, I would not have been soliciting additional information. Not actually KNOWING anyone who works at Atlas, I must take my information where I can get it and do the best I can to ascertain how reliable that information is.

Take the info from Globemaster (above)

I had completely forgotten the part of the Payscale info that said:

During training pay is $1600.00 per month plus per diem of $2.40 an hour until leaving MIA

Plan on 4 Months at $1600 a month, due to OE being backed up

First year pay begins upon completion of OE or four months from hire date, whichever occurs first.

First year Guarantee is only 50 hours.

All travel and hotels to and from your base is imputed and taxed on your monthly pay statements.
Now once he said it, I looked back, and the truth of his statement was easily verifiable. I had seen the 62 hour guarantee and not even noticed that the first year guarantee was only 50 hours at $80/hr (roughly $4000 a month) and that even that doesn't start until after the first four months at $1600 a month. So yes, I stand corrected in my assumption that a first year FO might actually make $60K. Despite that "dissonance", by posting here I did indeed improve my estimate of the financial situation if I were to apply to Atlas.

So yes, thanks again for telling me the blooming obvious. Should you actually have pertinent information to provide reletaive to the question rather than mere snide jibes at my naïveté, that would be even more welcome.