View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 07:23 PM
rvfanatic
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
Boy you stepped in it. Your disdain for the 55-year old military retiree is noted.

I'm sure that military retiree had it so easy during his career. How dare he get an airplane the 24-year old didn't!! I mean, your friend "bust his butt" as an intern! Can you imagine the papercuts!!! Oh the horror.

For two long years of his 41 year career your friend who "worked hard" has to sit in a disadvantaged position while that military pilot who hasn't done anything in his life gets to move on ahead of him! Oh the nerve of that guy!!!

No, this is not a form of age discrimination. Two years out of your friend's forty-one year career who "worked hard" is a lot less than two years out of the military retiree's ten year career. Who is screwed more?

You need to check yourself. If you had the nerve to publicly post this on a website where you aren't private hiding behind your computer, you're most likely to express this opinion while at work -- and trust me that's not going to work out well for you.

I can't believe you compared a 24-year old intern to a 55-year old military pilot retiree.

I think you're mischaracterizing my statement. I have no disdain for either of them and call them both friends. I was simply using an illustration to show the opposite ends of the spectrum. I can see how it was misinterpreted though. It's just funny how quickly members like you on APC are spring loaded to launch a civilian vs mil debate, even with mil pilots!